HYDROTHERM TRANQUIL SEA MASSAGE
Hydrotherm is the perfect massage system for people recovering from cancer or surgery. Specialist therapists trained in this system can obtain top-up insurance aimed at providing cancer care massage without needing a letter from the patient's doctor.
Who should apply to do this course?
This course is suitable for hydrotherm trained practitioners only and is taught in conjunction with the Amethyst Trust Specialist Cancer Massage Training manual.
If you are a hydrotherm qualified practitioner and wish to work with clients who have or have had treatment for cancer then this is the right course for you.
Hydrotherm 3 Dimensional Massage
Safe, effective and nurturing massage therapy. Using the Hydrotherm 3 dimensional massage cushions where the client lies upon cushions of warm water to receive their treatmtent, the effect is almost instant as warm water supports and cocoons the body into relaxation.
Clients have reported to experience the healing and restorative power of massage even during treatment for cancer. Hydrotherm tranquil Sea massage has been especially designed to help reduce stress and axiety.
This is a specially designed training course for qualified Hydrotherm practitioners, covering theory and practical considerations of offering massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer.
Courses are delivered by HTS trainers.
This one day course will cover:
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients who have either experience or are in treatment for cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Extending consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments
- Traditional massage; considerations and adaptations - practical and theory knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Reflective practice
- Insurance requirements
- The next steps - should you want to progress further
Students will be continuously assessed by the tutor during the practical training to ensure competence; health and safety, consultation, managing client's expectations, communication, adaptation of massage techniques and aftercare.
A written assessment will is also be undertaken.
Hydrotherm Level 1
One day. Students studying this course are encouraged to go on to further study.
All training and course materials:
- Individual therapist £220*
- 2-6 therapists from the same business £165* each
- 6-10 therapists from the same business £149* each
- 10+ therapists from the same business £140* each
- For larger groups and colleges or if you would like the Amethyst Trust to train your staff at your location please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note all course fees are subject to VAT after a £30 donation is deducted for the Amethyst Trust.
Dates and Locations
Please contact John Holman for dates and locations:
Practitioners who have completed this course and wish to develop their Hydrotherm skills can proceed to one of two further courses:
- The Advanced Hydrotherm Foundation Course (FII)
- Foundation Courses route to MDP Level (FIII)
- The Hydrotherm Experience Clinical Course (CI)
- Clinical Courses route to MDP Level (CIII)